- This event has passed.
Killer Bees Farm & Honey Culinary Experience
The Killer Bees Honey apiary tour is about biodiversity and the role of honeybees as the heartbeat of a healthy ecosystem. Learn, taste & enjoy all things honeybee-related with the Killer Bees Honey beekeeper; the only American to be certified with both the Italian Registry of Honey Sensory Expertsand UC Davis in the Sensory Analysis of Honey. Come experience our mountain-top sanctuary and the millions of bees who call it home (or hive)!
- Discuss the life of a hive, it’s Queen and the fierce loyalty of her female subjects.
- Inspect a hive up close and personal with the beekeeper in a protective bee suit.
- Hold a frame full of bees and experience the thrill of a Queen siting!
- Savor honey from the Killer Bees apiary, paired expertly with different foods for a light lunch (with champagne!)
- Learn how to evaluate the properties of fine artisanal honey varietals.
- Pour a souvenir bottle of honey straight from the hives.
At Killer Bees Honey, we control honey purity at every step of the process. All honey is harvested and hand bottled from our Appalachian Forest apiaries. Our belief in good bee-stewardship requires that honey be processed in the most effective organic methods available. Tested by 3 independent labs, our honey is free from adulteration and agricultural toxins.
Killer Bees Honey is driven by a bee-centric approach, not profits, market share or sales volume.
COME LEARN ABOUT THESE AMAZING DEFENDERS OF THE FOREST.
20% of KBH honey sales supports independent honeybee research & education. Join the QueensBrigade.org 501©(3)